Pages

Saturday 28 December 2013

Stollen Slices - Tesco Finest


I am not an aficionado when it comes to Stollen, but I know when I enjoy a good piece.


These individual slices, six per pack, are around 50g (205kcal) each and well sprinkled with icing sugar.

There is a reasonable taste of brandy and the marzipan is not too sweet. Almonds, raisins and cherries are included in the mix. I am not endeared to the taste of glacé cherries and was pleased to discover that their taste was not intrusive.

They are pleasant to eat, the cake is quite "dense" and feels worth the calories.



Disclosure: I am a member of the Tesco Orchard for which they send me discount vouchers although this product was purchased at full price from the local Tesco shop. Tesco request that such reviews are our honest opinion.

28th December 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment